Right now the site is in open beta, free for public use. As features are added, some may be subscriber-only, or may start out being subscriber-only.
This project breaks a lot of new ground for me, and I've learned a lot already.
- It's my first project from scratch using ASP.NET MVC or Entity Framework.
- It's my first personal project in production using C# or .NET.
- It's the first time I've used Windows Azure.
- It's the first time I've used UserVoice.
- It's the first time I've used continuous deployment from Git on a personal project in production.
- It's the first time I've used SQL Server on a personal project in production.
- It's the first time I've used WordPress in production.
This project was, as you may have guessed, the source for my post on entity framework model queries, as well as my post on value-based prioritization.
I've been using the project as I've been building it, and it's already been an excellent tool for me. Prioritizing features by estimated return was a particularly enlightening experience; it really helped me to get an objective look at the near-term plan and organize development more effectively.
I'll still talk here about the nitty-gritty of development but official product announcements will be coming through the product blog, Rogue Prognostications. I hope that others will find this project as useful as I have. Please feel free to drop any comments, questions, suggestions, or other feedback on the Rogue UserVoice.
More to come - watch this space!